There are many different types of material that can be used for paving. However these days, most contractors recommend asphalt paving for a large range of applications. Black in color, asphalt has a consistency similar to cement, but its homogeneity is obtained by adding sand, filler and bitumen.
Below are the main reasons why it is such a popular choice:
- Ease of Installation: This is the main reason for asphalt being the preferred choice for road and highway construction. Also, it’s well-known for providing a quick outcome, so it’s the best choice for resurfacing roads and streets, especially in situations when the work needs to be completed fast.
- Durability: Asphalt paving is extremely durable and perfect for high or low traffic situations. It’s also naturally weather-resistant – sudden changes in temperatures will have little or minimal effect on it. That’s why it you see it in playgrounds, walkways and parking areas. It even stands up well under heavy trucks.
- Economical: Not only is asphalt affordable, but it also takes less time to prepare than many other materials. Plus, it dries faster.
- Recyclable: Asphalt can be used over and over again. This means that natural resources are being preserved, while reducing landfill waste.
- Low Maintenance: This is a huge factor in the popularity of asphalt. Moreover, it can be repaired easily.
To get the best results from asphalt paving, it’s important to use the services of a knowledgeable and experienced paving company. At AAA Top Quality Asphalt, we provide a self-contained, turnkey, multifaceted solution for developers, property owners, municipalities, general contractors and homeowners in Lakeland, FL and surrounding areas. Please contact us for more information. “Coverage you can count on!”