Who to hire as your paving contractor is an important choice. If the job is done right, you can expect your investment to last 15-20 years with proper maintenance. If you choose a sub-par contractor, you might be dealing with unexpected repairs a few years down the road. Here are a few things to consider when choosing your paving contractor.
- Ask for bids from several different contractors. You can compare the proposed processes, as well as the pricing of the materials. Beware the lowest priced bid, as you often get what you pay for. Some contractors will skip steps or use sub-par materials to drive the price down, but then the job doesn’t last as long, and you end up paying more to repair or have the job redone sooner than you would have if you’d hired someone to do the job right the first time.
- Ask for references. You can see if other customers have been satisfied with their work. You can also check out some of their other job sites and see if you like how they look.
- Ask about the type of materials that will be used for the job. There are many grades of asphalt with varying amounts of recycled asphalt in them. A low-quality asphalt will not look as nice or last as long as a high-quality asphalt. If you are looking to make a Greener choice, then you could ask for asphalt material with more recycled asphalt in it.
- Ask about their machinery. If their equipment is all in working order, then you can be more confident your job will be completed on time. Installing asphalt is a time-sensitive endeavor, and if work is paused mid-project, it will result in a lower-quality end result of the project.
- Ask about insurance coverage. Make sure your contractor has proper insurance coverage should any accidents happen while the job is being completed.
- Ask for a written contract of agreement. You’ll want to be on the same page for what is expected out of the job.
We are eager to work as your paving contractor for you construction needs. We are confident we can provide you with high-quality work for a competitive price. Contact us today at AAA Top Quality Asphalt to get started.