While asphalt sealer may not be a topic of regular conversation, if you own a home or commercial property with an asphalt driveway or parking lot, there are a few facts you should know about sealer and the sealing process to maximize the life of your asphalt.
- Maintenance Matters: While sealing is not a cure-all for existing damage, it can help prevent future problems caused by wear and tear from vehicles, sun and natural elements. Sealing should be performed every 3-5 years to extend the life of your asphalt and reduce long-term costs.
- Appearance: In time, and with exposure to the elements the color of your asphalt may begin to fade. Adding a protective layer of asphalt sealer will help restore your surface to like-new condition.
- Spray or Squeegee: These are the main methods of applying asphalt sealer and will depend on the project.
- Weather Damage is Real: Whether harmful UV rays, snow, ice or rain are wreaking havoc on your surface, an asphalt sealer can help reduce the effects of the damage and prevent water damage. Our sealant also helps snow, ice and frost to melt faster so your surface is safer for those who drive or walk on it.
- Process that Pays: At AAA Top Quality Asphalt, we are thorough with our preparation process. When we arrive on site, we begin by barricading the portion of the driveway to be sealed, clean the pavement, treat any oil or gas spills, cut the edges to prevent overspray and finally begin the installation.
Whether at your commercial or residential property, we are committed to helping you keep your asphalt in top condition. Adding an asphalt sealer to your surfaces expands the life of your pavement, adds curb appeal to your home or business, and saves you money in the long run. If it’s time to add a sealer to your pavement, call us today!