Most driveways are made of concrete or asphalt. If you’re re-doing your driveway or building a new one, you are likely deciding between these two options. Here are a few reasons why asphalt is a good way to go.
- Time. An asphalt driveway can be laid in 1-2 days and can be completely ready for use in as little as 48 hours. A concrete driveway takes longer to lay and then even longer to set. If time is a factor for you, asphalt is the way to go.
- Durability. While both concrete and asphalt are very durable products, asphalt is more flexible once it is set and thus is less likely to crack than concrete. Also, concrete is partial to flaking, especially if it hasn’t been installed well.
- Lower maintenance costs. Over time, any surface will begin to show wear and tear, and when your asphalt driveway starts to need repairs, it will be cheaper to maintain than a concrete one. Also, repairs on asphalt are easier to blend into the rest of the surface, so the repair work will look more aesthetically pleasing.
- Lower installation costs. Not only is an asphalt driveway cheaper to maintain, but it is also cheaper to install.
- Ease of maintenance. When concrete starts to crack and show signs of wear, the best recommendation is usually to replace the whole thing. Asphalt can be repaired with ease. Cracks can be filled and sealed. Sealants can help prolong the life of the surface.
If you are looking for a low-hassle, inexpensive, and practical driveway, an asphalt driveway is the right choice for you. Give us a call today at AAA Top Quality Asphalt for a quote.